Nanospider™ gives air filter media unique properties
Nanofiber filters improve filtration performance with very little impact on pressure drop, which allows for optimization of the interaction between flow rate, efficiency, and filter lifetime. Nanofiber filters are highly effective at trapping submicron particles, and are fully synthetic and fiberglass free.
- HVAC air handling filters Graph: Performance Benchmarking HVAC
- Domestic air filters
- Engine air intake system filters
- Automotive cabin air filters
- Cleanroom (HEPA, ULPA) Graph: HEPA – MPPS Design Criteria Performance a MPPS Penetration vs. Pressure Drop)
- Gas turbines filters Graph: Commercial versus Reference media Gas Turbine
Captures coarse debris (e.g. dust, sand or hair).
Captures particles smaller than 10 µm (e.g. bacteria, pollen grains, etc.). These can easily enter the upper respiratory tract.
Captures particles smaller than 2.5 µm. These can enter the lower respiratory tract. Suitable for nanofiber applications.
Captures particles smaller than 1 µm. These can enter the bloodstream. Suitable for nanofiber applications.
Submicron fiber diameter
- typical mean fiber diameter in the range from 75 nm to 250 nm
- even larger fiber diameters can be achieved
Large specific surface area and high porosity
- high porosity: 60‑90%
- relatively tight pore size distribution
- surface area 10–100 m²/g