Key nanofiber properties in liquid filtration
- The same filtration efficiency can be achieved with a thin coating of nanofibers and a lower basis weight substrate.
- Nanofibers can be modified through surface modification or by additives to achieve hydrophilic, hydrophobic, oleophobic or conductive properties
- Functional additives can be added to the fibers during the spinning process
- Greater flexibility and cohesion due to mechanical linkage
- Nanofibers can be 100% synthetic
Better pre‑filtration and micro‑filtration
Improving the quality of microfiltration increases the safety of filtered liquids, reduces dependence on chemical additives and shortens processing time.
Nanofibers can be used as part of a composite for liquid filtration in the following industries:
- Domestic and industrial water preparation
- Fuel and oil filtration (automotive and aerospace) Nanofiber benefits for OIL FILTRATION (Test fluid according to MIL‑PRF-5606)
- Manufacturing industry (pharmaceutical, food and beverage industry)
- Wastewater treatment
- Seawater desalination