Elmarco and University of Akron Sign Agreement
Elmarco s.r.o. has entered into a cooperation agreement with the University of Akron, Ohio, as a new member of the Coalescence Filtration Nanomaterials Consortium (CFNC). Other CFNC associate companies are Ahlstrom, Donaldson, Cummins Filtration, Parker Hannifin Corporation, and MemPro Ceramics.
Elmarco’s initial contribution to the consortium is the delivery of unique laboratory equipment for the production of nanofibers, the NanospiderTM Lab Machine. Elmarco’s proprietary technology is easily upscaled to industrial levels, which opens great opportunities to explore the results from consortium research projects in commercial uses. Elmarco is the leading supplier of machinery for industrial production of nanofiber materials.
University of Akron has a long and very successful tradition in the research and development of electrospinning processes for nanofiber production and applications. Professors Darrell H. Reneker and George G. Chase are widely considered to be experts in this field. They recognized the huge potential for practical applications of nanofibers, and in 1998, established the CFNC in order to synergize ideas and scientific background of the University with technology transfer experience of the innovative industrial members of the consortium.
The mission of the CFNC is to conduct fundamental research in performance coalescence filters and the design of filter media, including the development and application of nanofibers. The research scope includes theory, modeling, and experiments on capture and coalescence of micron and nanometer size drops and particles in non-woven filter media made of micron and nanometer diameter fibers; methods of nanofiber generation and construction of non-woven media with nanofibers; liquid-liquid and gas-liquid coalescence.
About ELMARCO s.r.o.
Elmarco s.r.o. is the industry’s first supplier of industrial scale nanofiber production equipment. Partnerships with global industrial leaders and universities form the foundation for success of the company. Elmarco’s unique NanospiderTM technology is designed for ease of use, scalability, modularity and flexibility in producing the highest quality nanofibers. For more information, please visit www.elmarco.com.
Stanislav Petrik, Ph.D.
Strategy & Business Development Director
Tel.: (+420) 489 209 222
Fax: (+420) 485 151 997 - 98
About University of Akron
As the public research university for Northern Ohio, The University of Akron is connected to the community and to industry, using research as the driver for finding meaningful solutions to advance the region. UA's research initiatives include:
- A commitment to attract and graduate more students in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines with a partnership in an Akron STEM-focused high school
- Research programs in polymers and advanced materials, biomaterials and medical devices, advanced energy, computational science, and nanotechnology
- A leadership role in the BioInnovation Institute in Akron
- Hundreds of sponsored research projects for companies of all sizes
- A technology transfer program that ranks first in Ohio in efficiency of commercializing research
- A nationally recognized research foundation (UARF) that shares its expertise with other major Ohio universities
- Supporting the Akron Regional Change Angels (ARCHAngels) investment network that connects emerging companies to funding sources
- Collaborating with the Greater Akron Chamber to build, attract and retain high tech companies in Northeast Ohio
Professor of Chemical Engineering
The University of Akron
Akron, Ohio 44325