Nanospider™ Electrospinning Technology
Nanospider™ technology is a patented, needle-free high voltage, free liquid surface electrospinning process. The technology is based upon the discovery, that it is possible to create Taylor Cones and the subsequent flow of material not only from the tip of a capillary, but also from a thin film of a polymer solution.
The technology enabled Elmarco to build industrial scale production equipment with out nozzles, needles or spinnerets.
Nanospider™ technology allows the production of nanofibers from polymers solved in water, acids or bipolar solvents and is suitable for the production of organic high quality fibers. This versatile technology is easily adapted to a variety of process parameters for the optimization of the specific properties of the produced nanofibers.
REVOLUTIONARY NANOSPIDER™ TECHNOLOGY:
Nanospider™ technology uses simply shaped electrodes, has no parts easily clogged
(in comparison to needle-type electrospinning) and is generally mechanically simple.
Productivity & Quality
The numbers of fibers per machine width is given by the distance of the Taylor cones. Nanospider™ free liquid surface electrospinning lets natural physics define this distance, rather than using individual needles. This allows higher fiber packing density and thus an increased productivity as well as better fiber homogeneity and more consistent web morphology.
Nanospider™ technology is flexible to allow the production of a nanofiber layer which best meets your final product needs. Elmarco is able to help you optimize the critical parameters:
- Nanospider™ equipment configuration
- Polymer system properties and selection
- Substrate material properties and selection
Nanospider™ technology allows optimizing the results in nanofiber production through precise adjustment of many process parameters, which are decisive for final product:
- Solution parameters (conductivity, temperature, surface tension, etc.)
- Environmental parameters (temperature, humidity etc.)
- Base material parameters (cross and surface electrical resistance, etc.)
- Equipment parameters (voltage, electrode distance, etc.)
NANOSPIDER™ TECHNOLOGY PROVIDES:
- High productivity & scalability
- High fiber diameter and web uniformity
- Economical operation and easy maintenance
- Flexibility in used polymers and substrates
More info about nanofiber technology can be found in the technical papers published by Elmarco on the download page.
|•||Nanospider™ technology parameters||PDF File||- 0.09 MB|